TOWN COUNCIL RULES AS THEY RELATE TO THIS COMMITTEE:
SECTION 602.36 - Gray Recycling Committee
There shall be a Gray Recycling Committee consisting of seven (7) members and two (2) alternates appointed by the Town Council for three (3) year staggered terms.
1. The Committee shall work with the Town Manager and Solid Waste Director and other necessary Town staff in closing out the Town's Sanitary Landfill Facility and exploring new methods for the disposal of solid waste, including incineration, recycling, and other methods in keeping with State and Federal mandates for the disposal of solid waste materials.
2. It shall learn of state, regional and local efforts to recycle.
3. The Committee shall assist and advise Town Council and Town staff on development of a comprehensive recycling program.
4. It shall promote and publicize recycling throughout the community within schools, businesses, industry and homes by utilizing local newspapers, annual reports, cable TV, schools, special promotions, etc.
5. The Committee shall promote and publicize waste reduction throughout the community.
6. It shall encourage, with other recycling committees, the development of national and international markets to deal with recyclable materials.