Charge for the Library Expansion Committee
- Review the various construction delivery methods and submit a recommendation to the Town Council.
- Prepare a Request for Proposal for the design phase of the project to renovate and expand the Hancock Street Library.
- Prepare a Request for Proposal for the construction phase of the Hancock Street Library, based on the designs developed by the selected designer
Revised Charge for Gray Public Library Expansion Committee
The role of the Library Expansion Committee (LEC) is to provide advice and recommendations to the Town Council for expanding and renovating the Gray Public Library. The LEC will initially consist of seven voting members and voting and/or ex officio members may be added at the Council’s discretion.
In performing in this capacity the LEC shall:
- Draft and advertise Requests for Qualifications for the three major positions for the Contract Manager at Risk method of delivery (CMR) which include the Owners Project Manager (OPM), the General Contractor (GC), and the Architect/Designer (AD).
- The LEC shall review the RFQ’s and determine via an interview process their recommended firm/candidate for each position. The LEC shall request additional information and/or cost proposals from selected candidates. Once the LEC has identified the recommended firm/candidate, they will present this to the Town Council. The Council will review the LEC’s recommendation(s).
- Once the three positions have been filled, the LEC shall oversee the design phase of the construction and shall be the final authority to, with assistance from the OPM, GC, and AD, formulate a guaranteed maximum price (GMP) which will be presented to the Council for consideration. If the Council agrees with the GMP as recommended by the LEC, the LEC working with the OPM, GC, and AD shall prepare the necessary construction documents including the necessary contracts which, pending Council endorsement, may be signed by the Town Manager representing the Town.
- The LEC will meet bi-weekly (or as deemed necessary by the LEC) with the OPM for progress reports, updates, and to resolve issues or decisions that may arise. The LEC will also meet periodically with the OPM, GC, and AD on as-needed basis for additional updates and discussion/ resolution of issues.
- On any issues and/or changes in scope deviating from the original plans established for the purposes of arriving at the GMP which result in an additional expenditure of $20,000 or more, the LEC will make recommendation(s) as necessary to the Town Council. The Town Council and the LEC recognize that in some rare instances, the OPM and/or Town Building Administrator may need to make decisions in the best interests of keeping the project moving forward which may not allow for the LEC, at a formal meeting, to weigh in on a particular decision. In such instances, the OPM and/or Town Building Administrator shall ensure that the Town Manager and both LEC co-chairs are advised of the necessity of the decision and shall report the details and reasoning for the matter to the LEC at the next scheduled meeting.
Finally, the Town Council reserves the right to add to this list of responsibilities and duties as needed as the project advances.